The Iliad : of Homer. The Odyssey of Homer Translated by Alexander Pope, Esq. - Together Complete in 9 Volumes
by Homer. Pope, Alexander (1688-1744)
- Bookplate of Martin Browne Folkes, Bar. Finely bound all in full contemporary aniline calf. Contrasting leather labels (volume i
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- MW Books Ltd. (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Iliad : of Homer. The Odyssey of Homer Translated by Alexander Pope, Esq. - Together Complete in 9 Volumes
- Homer. Pope, Alexander (1688-1744)
- Book condition
- Used - Bookplate of Martin Browne Folkes, Bar. Finely bound all in full contemporary aniline calf. Contrasting leather labels (volume i
- Quantity available
- 1st edition in this form
- London : printed for J. Whiston, Baker and Leigh, W. Strahan, T. Payne, J. and F. Rivington [and 19 others in London]
- Date published
Terms of Sale
MW Books Ltd.
Returns accepted within 10 days of receipt if you are unsatisfied with either our description of, or the book itself.
About the Seller
About MW Books Ltd.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]