Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
[WALT KELLY]. THE INCOMPLEAT POGO. Simon and Schuster, New York, 1954. First Edition, First printing. True First Edition, First printing stated. First edition point of one dollar price on back panel. Condition: Very Good -. Appears unread, in original orange paper wrappers, very sunned spine with the words on spine title "The" and "Pogo" near completely faded, a few micro-nicks to covers, slightly spine cocked, creases to spine, micro-chips, micro closed tears to extremities, slight age toned pages mostly to edges, else pages are clean and binding tight. Overall in very good condition considering a near 70 year old book. Front, back cover art and illustrated through out by Walt Kelly. There are 27 chapters of comics with postface from author on the last pages. 191 pgs. Small 8vo.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Astro Trader Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE INCOMPLEAT POGO
- Walt Kelly
- Walt Kelly
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good-
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Simon and Schuster
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Pogo, Walt Kelly, cartoon, comics, vintage, first edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- Children's and YA (Young Adult); Humour;
Terms of Sale
Astro Trader Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Los Angeles , California
Ask Seller a Question
About Astro Trader Books
Astro Trader Books was founded in 2010 selling camera manuals, then branched into antiquarian, modern firsts, science fiction, fantasy, horror genres and pulp fiction.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Refers to a state where the spine of a book is lightly "twisted" in such a way that the front and rear boards of a book do not...[more]