Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Even though Ralph Ellison's novel Invisible Man is sometimes featured on banned books lists, it remains a consistent staple on many high school reading curriculums. In the novel, Ellison laments the feeling of hopelessness and invisibility that many Black men experience in the United States, and it elegantly explores the themes of racism and bigotry in ways that are both unsettling and accessible.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Nooks Of Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Invisible Man (Collector's Edition)
- Ellison, Ralph
- Fiore, Peter
- Book condition
- The Easton Press
- Place of Publication
- Norwalk, Connecticut
- Date published
- RALPH ELLISON INVISIBLE MAN LEATHERBOUND BOOKS AMERICAN LITERATURE FICTION AFRICAN-AMERICAN HARLEM LITERARY COLLECTIBLE NOVELS CLASSICS
- Bookseller catalogs
- Leatherbound/Franklin/Easton; Literature & Fiction, U S A;
Terms of Sale
Nooks Of Books
Payment Methods Accepted:
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover Card, and checks or money orders made out to Jeffrey C. Wright. You can also, if you like, make your payment -- credit card or bank transfer -- through Paypal.com (Acct name: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dealers who are otherwise members of prestigious bookselling organizations should know that you can\'t grade a book Fine if it\'s remaindered; nor can a dustjacket be graded Fine that is price-clipped. And yet we see this sort of thing -- more and more -- and from all manner of establishments. It reflects poorly on the industry.
Thus, we recommend that any prospective online customer insist on a thorough description (such as are issued through these Nooks) for any collectible item. We\'re well-versed, here, in the grading process and we do so fairly if not conservatively.
We understand all too well the hesitancy of some collectors to make their purchases online, particularly in such cases where books are scarce or costly. We, therefore, stress the integrity in these Nooks. Your satisfaction is guaranteed, or all costs you\'ve incurred will be refunded -- no questions asked -- providing the book is returned to us in the same condition within two weeks.
Though most booksellers are quite professional and know how to properly handle their wares, I\'ve noticed (being a book-buyer, too) that many online shops can be slipshod and amateurish in their shipping practices. This being so, we\'d like to assure you: when you buy from us the item will be nicely and securely presented. It will be gift-wrapped, sealed in a plastic bag to protect it against water damage, encased in bubble wrap and/or foam \'peanuts\' and boxed. We ship books out the way we like to receive them. Except, perhaps, in the rare occasion of an inexpensive reading copy, I\'d not think of consigning a book from these Nooks to the hard knocks of the postal system in a simple bubble-mailer. You won\'t get that shoddy handling here.
It is our policy to pay the insurance for any purchase over $200.00. Should you like to provide your own insurance for less of a sum, the cost is $1.30 for $50.00 of coverage, $2.20 for $100.00, and $3.20 for up to $200.00 of coverage. Insurance, in such cases, is suggested (simply state your preference in the comments segment during checkout) as we cannot be responsible for books that are lost in transit.
About the Seller
About Nooks Of Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]