Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Longmans, Green and Company, London UK, 1875. 1st edition. Hardcover. Near Fine. Isaac Casaubon was a classical scholar at a time, in the 16th century, when scholarship established literary greatness. Casaubon was ranked high, if not highest among learned men. Such fame enabled him to be an advisor to Henry IV of France and later of royalty in England. He recieved finanical and other support as a scholar and and philologist. The best biography to date about Casaubon. Quarto calf covers. Minor damage to spine. Pages good. 1ST EDITION.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- civilizingbooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Isaac Casaubon 1559-1614
- Pattison, Mark
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- 1st edition.
- Longmans, Green and Company, London
- Date published
- Biography, Swiss/ English. 16th-17th century, classicist, philologist.
- Bookseller catalogs
- BIOGRAPHY & MEMOIRS; RARE & SCARCE;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]