Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Avalon Books, 1961. Octavo, cloth. First edition. All human survivors on a post-holocaust Earth are confined to cities by the Airmen, a group of aviators who rule the planet from a huge orbiting space station from which they can bomb any city in rebellion. A fine copy in fine dust jacket. (#87326)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- L. W. Currey, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- ISLAND IN THE SKY
- Wellman, Manly Wade
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Avalon Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Dystopia; Holocaust and After; Tale of the Future; Utopian Literature
Terms of Sale
L. W. Currey, Inc.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2007
Elizabethtown, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About L. W. Currey, Inc.
We buy and sell rare, fine and collectible first edition books, magazines, letters and manuscripts in all fields of popular fiction, with an emphasis on science fiction, fantasy and utopian literature from the earliest times to end of the twentieth century. We are open to the public by appointment only.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]