Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York, N.Y.: Avalon Books, 1961 Clean and tight with no ownership markings. Price unclipped. Light top edge foxing, few very small soil marks on the other edges. Practically non existant edge wear with minimal edge toning. Dj has minimal edge wear with some very tiny edge creases. Light sunning to the spine. Light wear at the folds with a tiny hole near the spine hinge. Back flap has some soil near the edge and some tiny edge chipping. Back of DJ is very lightly foxed and lightly toned.. Hard Cover, Cloth. Near Fine/Very Good. Illus. by Ed Emswhiller Cover Art . 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- 50000books.com (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Island in the Sky
- Wellman, Manly Wade
- Ed Emswhiller Cover Art
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Avalon Books
- Place of Publication
- New York, N.Y.
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Fiction; First Edition Fiction; Science Fiction Fantasy;
Terms of Sale
All books guaranteed as described. Returns accepted within 30 days of receipt. Checks may be held for clearance prior to shipment. Calif. sales tax added to sales within Calif. Shipping price adjustments may be necessary for extra heavy priority or international orders.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
El Cajon, California
Ask Seller a Question
Selling quality books for over 25 years. A general online bookstore with many sub-specialities. I treat people with the respect that they deserve.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.