It's a Battlefield
by Graham Greene
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Drover, a Communist bus driver, is in prison, sentenced to death for killing a policeman during a riot at Hyde Park Corner. A battle for a reprieve with many participants ensues: the Assistant Commissioner, high-principled and over-worked; Conrad, a paranoid clerk; Mr Surrogate, a rich Fabian; Condor, a pathetic journalist feeding on fantasies; pretty, promiscuous Kay - all have a part to play in his fate.
Graham Greene (1904-1991) worked as a journalist and critic, and was later employed by the foreign office. His many books include The Third Man , The Comedians and Travels with My Aunt . He is the subject of an acclaimed three-volume biography by Norman Sherry.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Books of the World (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- It's a Battlefield
- Graham Greene
- Mass Market Paperback
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- First paperback printing
- Penguin Books
- Place of Publication
- Harmondsworth, England
- Date Published
- fiction, political fiction, politics, England, Britain
- Bookseller catalogs
- Science Fiction; Politics & Government; Fiction; Britain;
Terms of Sale
Books of the World
About the Seller
About Books of the World
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.