Ivanhoe; A Romance. By the author of "Waverley," &c. [3 volumes]
by [SCOTT, Sir Walter, 1771-1832]
- Near Fine+
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 4 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The father of the historical novel, Sir Walter Scott invented a literary form that has remained popular for over one hundred and fifty years. Infusing his works with romance, action, and suspense, he brought long-gone eras back to life with splendor and spectacle.Set in England just after the Third Crusade, Ivanhoe is the tale of Wilfrid, a young Saxon knight, and his love for the royal princess Rowena. With his father against their union, Wilfrid embarks on a series of adventures to prove his worth, finding himself in conflict against the Normans and the Templars, and allied with such larger-than-life figures as Robin Hood and Richard the Lion Hearted. A timeless story of courage, chivalry, and courtly love, Ivanhoe is a grand epic, and its place in classical literature is assured.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Fine Editions Ltd (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Ivanhoe; A Romance. By the author of "Waverley," &c. [3 volumes]
- [SCOTT, Sir Walter, 1771-1832]
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine+
- Quantity Available
- Early Reprint
- Printed for Archibald Constable and Co. Edinburgh; and Hurst, Robinson, and Co. 90, Cheapside, London
- Place of Publication
- Edinburgh / London
- Date Published
- Great Britain — History — Richard I, 1189-1199 — Fiction. Historical fiction, Scottish. Novels Scotland 19th century. Three deckers Scotland 19th century.
- Bookseller catalogs
- XIX CENTURY;
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Fine Editions Ltd
We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Biblio web sites. If you're dissatisfied with your purchase (Incorrect Book/Not as Described/Damaged) or if the order hasn't arrived, you're eligible for a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll respond within 2 business days.
About the Seller
Fine Editions Ltd
About Fine Editions Ltd
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...