Ivanhoe: A Romance
by Scott, Sir Walter
- near fine
- Near Fine/Near Fine
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Published in 1820 by author Sir Walter Scott, Ivanhoe is an influential historical romance novel set in medieval England. Ivanhoe represents a departure from Scott’s other novels, and remains his most well-known work. Scott explores many different themes in Ivanhoe, chief among them the rivalry and tension between the Saxons and Normans, feudal injustice as well as the oppression of England’s Jewish communities at the time. Critical reception was very positive at the time of publication, and Scott is credited with renewing interest in medieval England, leading to the publication of other novels set during the Dark Ages. The novel is also noteworthy for being historically accurate, correctly noting key figures and events of the time. In addition, Ivanhoe is also credited with expanding interest in the mythical Robin Hood, who Scott characterized as a cheerful and noble bandit.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Banjo Booksellers (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Ivanhoe: A Romance
- Scott, Sir Walter
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Near Fine
- National Home Library Foundation
- Place of Publication
- Washington D.C.
- Date Published
- 16mo - over 5¾" - 6¾" tall
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Banjo Booksellers
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
This Book’s Categories
- Children & Juvenile Children’s Fiction & Literature
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature English Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Historical Fiction
- Children & Juvenile Juvenile & Young Adult Juvenile Fiction & Literature
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Period 19th Century Literature