J. George Adami.: Vice Chancellor of the University of LIverpool 1919-26. Sometime Strathcona Professor of Pathology McGill University Montreal. A Memoir. Together with contributions from others, his friends
by Adami, Marie; Rolleston, Sir Humphrey (intro.)
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
From the libraries of two notable doctors. Signature of "A. Sarwood Fry Maj. IMS. Dera Ghazi Khan January 1932. Wetheral April 1949" to ffep. Neat marginalia in his hand. Quotation in his hand to rfep "Nothing can more fully give justification to a human life than the later realisation that a man was a true prophet, saw clearly, divined correctly and was a fore runner of the truth".
Bookplate of J. Colin Dagnall to front pastedown.
Augustine Sargood Fry (1890 - 1962) M.B., Ch.M., F.R.C.S. C.I.E. British Army Indian Medical Service. In the first world war he served on the North-west Frontier of India and in South Persia. Surgical specialist in Peshawar, including the Khyber Pass area. He held in turn most of the important civil surgeoncies in the Punjab and was civil surgeon in Simla for five years. Professor of Operative Surgery, King Edward Medical College, Lahore. [BMJ]
John Colin Dagnall (1927 - ) L.H.D., F.Ch.S. Podiatrist, Chiropodist, Medical historian, Author.
John George Adami (1862 - 1926) F.R.S., F.R.S.E., CBE, LL.D.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- J. George Adami.
- Adami, Marie; Rolleston, Sir Humphrey (intro.)
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First edition
- Constable & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- John Geoge Adami, Pathology, Medical philosophy, Medical history
- Bookseller catalogs
- Provenance, Bookplates and Associations; Medical;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- tipped in
- Tipped In is used to describe something which has been glued into a book. Tipped-in items can include photos, book plates,...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- The portion of the endpaper which is left loose after binding. The first loose page upon opening a book from the rear. It may be...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- Marginalia, in brief, are notes written in the margins, or beside the text of a book by a previous owner. This is very...[more]