Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition first printing of the fourth(?) novel by this author. In the listing of titles published by D. Appleton there are three other titles by David Hume listed. Has (I) on last page of text making this a first edition. Purple cloth faded grey on the spine. Rubbing to the surface of the boards. Moderate edge wear. In fair condition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Scene of the Crime Books, IOBA (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Jail Gates Are Open
- Hume, David
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Used - Fair
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First edition first printing
- Appleton - Century
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Scene of the Crime Books, IOBA
You can return any item up to 30 days of delivery. Please contact me if your not happy with a book and we'll work it out.
About the Seller
About Scene of the Crime Books, IOBA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]