James and the Giant Peach.
by Dahl, Roald; Illustrated by Nancy Ekholm Burkert
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
James and the Giant Peach is a popular children's novel written in 1961 by British author Roald Dahl. The novel features an English orphan boy named James Henry Trotter cared for by his two abusive aunts. James finds a tunnel in a gigantic peach and enters into a magical world where he befriends seven bugs. He proceeds to embark on a wild adventure with his insect friends, getting into trouble and saving them from sticky situations. The book has frequently become the target of censorship due to its infrequent gruesome and potentially horrifying content. It was adapted into a film of the same name in 1996.
Read More: Identifying first editions of James and the Giant Peach.
This is a First printing of the trade edition bound in green and black cloth with gold lettering on spine. Not an ex-library Edition or the school edition which can be identified by the red binding.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- James and the Giant Peach.
- Dahl, Roald; Illustrated by Nancy Ekholm Burkert
- Book Condition
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- collectible childrens books, inscribed first edition, James and Giant Peach first edition, James and the Giant Peach Signed First Edition, Roald Dahl Autograph, Roald Dahl first edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- Children's Books;
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Raptis Rare Books
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Clamshell Box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...