James and the Giant Peach
by Dahl, Roald
- very good
- Very Good/Very Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
James and the Giant Peach is a popular children's novel written in 1961 by British author Roald Dahl. The novel features an English orphan boy named James Henry Trotter cared for by his two abusive aunts. James finds a tunnel in a gigantic peach and enters into a magical world where he befriends seven bugs. He proceeds to embark on a wild adventure with his insect friends, getting into trouble and saving them from sticky situations. The book has frequently become the target of censorship due to its infrequent gruesome and potentially horrifying content. It was adapted into a film of the same name in 1996.
This is a First printing of the trade edition bound in green and black cloth with gold lettering on spine. Not an ex-library Edition or the school edition which can be identified by the red binding.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- citynightsbooks (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- James and the Giant Peach
- Dahl, Roald
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- 1st Edition
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Young Adult/All Ages;
Terms of Sale
- Books may be returned within 15 days in the same condition in which they were purchased. Please contact us first via e-mail.
- We do not accept discretionary returns or third-party sales.
- We regard the US Postal Service scans as proof of delivery.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]