THE JESSIE WILLCOX SMITH MOTHER GOOSE (In the original Box)
by Smith, Jessie Willcox
- near fine
- Near Fine/Good-Box
Rougemont, North Carolina, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Dodd, Mead & Company, 1914. 1st Edition. Cloth. Near Fine/Good-Box. Jessie Willcox Smith. 4to - over 9¾ - 12" tall. 1st edition. A Near Fine copy, in Good box. Oblong 4to., 173 pp., illustrated with a color frontispiece and 16 color and b&w plates; text further illustrated with drawings. Bound in black cloth with title on the spine in white; color illustration pasted onto the front board. Housed in the publisher's card stock box, with illustrated edges and printed publisher information. An excellent copy, with just a hint of wear to the spine lettering. The box has been reinforced on all edges with tape (see photo). A beautiful copy, Near Fine in the Good publisher's box. *** The classic work illustrated by perhaps the finest illustrator from the Golden Age of Illustration. Jessie Willcox Smith illustrated numerous books of the era, and did every cover work for Good Housekeeping from 1917 to 1933. She was only the second women to be inducted into The Hall of Fame of the Society of Illustrators, in 1991. ***.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Frey Fine Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE JESSIE WILLCOX SMITH MOTHER GOOSE (In the original Box)
- Smith, Jessie Willcox
- Jessie Willcox Smith
- Book Condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- 1st Edition
- Dodd, Mead & Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- fairy tales, nursery, rhymes, illustrated
Terms of Sale
Frey Fine Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2019
Rougemont, North Carolina
Ask Seller a Question
About Frey Fine Books
Antiquarian bookseller, with over 15 years experience.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year