Joan of Arc, Maid of France, Volumes 1 & 2
by Paine, Albert Bigelow
- near fine
- Near Fine/No Jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York , NY, U.S.A.: Macmillan, 1925. This is a two-volume biography of Joan of Arc, based on official documents, letters, and contemporary chronicles; the author, best known as Mark Twain's secretary and authorized biographer, later lived in France where he visited every place associated with her life and followed the routes of her journeys; he was awarded the Legion of Honor by France for this work; includes many illustrations (blue textured cloth with gold lettering and decoration; two slightly bumped corners, otherwise these are bright, clean, tight copies in nearly perfect condition: in stock & available for immediate shipment from a reliable independent bookstore). First Edition. Hard Cover. Near Fine/No Jacket.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- House of Our Own Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Joan of Arc, Maid of France, Volumes 1 & 2
- Paine, Albert Bigelow
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- First Edition
- Place of Publication
- New York , NY, U.S.A.
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
House of Our Own Books
Most book orders are shipped the same day or the next day, except on weekends.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About House of Our Own Books
NOTICE: Face masks are required in the bookstore at all times Our shop is located on two floors of a quiet, comfortable Victorian house on the edge of the University of Pennsylvania campus. The large stock of general and scholarly books is divided between new and used, and is well-organized and categorized. ** Only a very small fraction of our inventory is currently on the internet, so if you do not find what you are looking for, please contact us by phone or email to see if we have a copy in the store. ** CAUTION: If you use the large search box on this page you are searching OUR online inventory. If you use any other search box you may be searching the entire online inventory of ALL Biblio booksellers. Hours: Mon to Fri, 11:00 to 6:00 / Sat & Sun, 12:00-6:00
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]