Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
John Le Carre
I am pleased to present a particularly fine trilogy of this distinguished author's novels. They are:
TINKER, TAILOR, SOLDIER, SPY: Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1974. First Edition, Third Printing, 1974,
In very good condition. This volume is bound in black cloth boards with gilt lettering on front and spine The fine deckle edged stock, Janson type, is as new, crisp, clean and unmarked throughout but with mild toning to endpapers and a much faded red to top of text block . Octavo, 320 pages. The striking dustjacket by R. D. Scudellari in black and white type on gold background, is bright and glossy without nicks or tears; price clipped. Rear flap includes publishing date 6/74. There is a photograph of John Le Carre on rear of dustjacket.
THE HONORABLE SCHOOLBOY Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1977. First Trade Edition, September 1977
This second volume is bound and printed as described for Tinker, Tailor and in equally fine condition throughout. However, no toning, or dye to top of text block. Octavo, 534 pages.
The dustjacket, designer R. D. Scudellari, for this volume is black backgound with gold and red lettering. Bright and glossy without nicks or tears. Price clipped. Publishing date 9/77 on rear flap. A different photograph of John Le Carre on rear of dustjacket.
SMILEY'S PEOPLE Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1980. First Trade Edition, January 1980
This third volume in the Karla trilogy is bound and printed as described previously and is also in fine condition throughout. Without flaws. Octavo, 374 pages.The Scuderalli designed dustjacket is lettered in white and gold against a green background on a bright and glossy surface. One small nick is present on bottom rear spine corner of this dustjacket. Not price clipped. Publishing date 1/80 on rear flap. Similar to previous photograph of John Le Carre also on rear of this jacket.
These three volumes forming The Karla Trilogy are 1st American Editions and rare to find in this superior condition.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Efemera Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- John Le Carre's THE KARLA TRILOGY
- John Le Carre
- R.D. Scuderalli
- Hard cover with dustjackets
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- 1st. American
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Russia, M16, Cold War, London, Paris, Prague, Berlin, Intrigue, Betrayal
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Efemera Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]