A Johnson Reader (stated First Modern Library Edition, ML #363.1)
by JOHNSON, Dr. Samuel (author); McADAM Jr., E. L.; MILNE, George (editors)
- Very Good+ in Good dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library / Random House. Very Good+ in Good dust jacket. 1966. First Edition. Hardcover. Stated First Modern Library Edition, 1966 (unconfirmed). A selection of writings by the great 18th Century English writer, Dr. Samuel Johnson. Included are biographies, his preface, a selection of his poetry, and a few selections from his 'Dictionary. . .' along with other selected writings. Edited by E. L. McAdam, Jr. and George Milne. --- In Toledano spine 11 / red cloth / ML hex torchbearer logo blindstamped to front cover / gilt-stamped spine titling / grey Kent endpapers / jacket style l, verso blank. ML #363.1. --- With publisher/distributor rubberstamping to front free endpaper, otherwise a clean, tightly-bound, bright copy. Good only, price-clipped dust jacket with chafing and small tears to spine ends and some rubbing & discoloration to spine; but overall bright and in removable archival mylar protector.; 12mo 7" - 7-1/2" tall; xv, 464 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- A Johnson Reader (stated First Modern Library Edition, ML #363.1)
- JOHNSON, Dr. Samuel (author); McADAM Jr., E. L.; MILNE, George (editors)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Good dust jacket
- First Edition
- The Modern Library / Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>Books About Books and Words;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]