JOHNSON'S UNIVERSAL ENCYCLOPEDIA. Cyclopaedia. Leather set. Illustrated. Complete in 8 volumes. Near folio
by [ENCYCLOPEDIA.] [Adams, Charles Kendal (Editor); A. J. Johnson Company.]
- See description
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: A. J. Johnson Company, 1895. lllustrated with maps, plans, and engravings. Bound in morocco leather. Gilded spines. Marbled edges and end papers. These are large heavy books. Near folio sized. 11 inches tall. 18 inches of shelf space. VERY GOOD condition. Very fresh and supple leather bindings. The hinges are 100% fully attached. Extra-reinforced internally. Printed on quality paper. Fully illustrated. Early stamp. No writing. Very fresh, bright, and clean. Appears about free of any trace of foxing. This is a very large and impressive set. These display beautifully. A gorgeous Victorian encyclopedia on par with the Encyclopedia Britannica. Beautiful illustrations, color maps, and tables. A pleasure to read. Many of the fold-outs are valuable in their own right and are worthy of framing. This set would make an excellent gift and/or addition to any fine library. In addition to their shelf presence, antiquarian books make an excellent investment. We always pack very securely to help ensure safe handling during transit. All books are individually wrapped and are always professionally padded. We offer a full refund guarantee, per our terms described on our site, with notification of such intent requested. Please contact us with any inquiries.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Merchants Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- JOHNSON'S UNIVERSAL ENCYCLOPEDIA. Cyclopaedia. Leather set. Illustrated. Complete in 8 volumes. Near folio
- [ENCYCLOPEDIA.] [Adams, Charles Kendal (Editor); A. J. Johnson Company.]
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- A. J. Johnson Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Merchants Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Merchants Rare Books
Merchants Rare Books, established in 2003, buys and sells rare and antiquarian books, with an emphasis on first editions and fine antiquarian sets from the 17th - 19th centuries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description....[more]