Joseph Conrad: Life and Letters (Two Volume Set)
by JEAN-AUBRY, G[eorges]
- very good
- Very Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Garden City, New York: Doubleday, Page & Co.. Very Good. 1927. First Edition. Hardcover. Stated first edition of this two-volume biography of Polish-British author Joseph Conrad (1857-1924), with a collection of Conrad's letters. The author, G. Jean-Aubry, was a music critic and great friend of Conrad. Each volume with tissue-guarded photographic portrait of Conrad: one at age 26 and the other at about age 65. Also with plates bearing images from scenes in Conrad's life. --- Bound in blue cloth-covered boards with Conrad facsimile signature in gilt to covers, spine titling also in gilt, cover fillets in blind and top edges gilt. Volumes lack the dust jackets. --- An excellent set though with some sunning to spines, bruising to front endpapers of vol. II, light foxing to leaves and light rubbing to covers; else tightly-bound, sound copies. (Due to the considerable weight of this item, extra shipping charges may be requested.) ; Tall Octavo (9 to 10 in. tall); xii, 339, x, 376 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Joseph Conrad: Life and Letters (Two Volume Set)
- JEAN-AUBRY, G[eorges]
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- First Edition
- Doubleday, Page & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Garden City, New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original... [More]