Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1936, Very Good Condition. Rare, First Trade Edition - First Printing as indicated by lack of additional printing numbers on copyright page. True 1936, First Printing of the Second Edition, First Trade Edition. Only 10,000 copies of this first printing of the 1936 first trade edition were produced. Other versions of the 1936 copyright were printed in 1938, 1939, 1940, and 1941 and indicated by second, third, fourth, and fifth printing labels on copyright page. Minor age wear to the cover with very light corner bumps. Bottom corner of back cover is slightly frayed. Pages lightly tanned. All notable issues are shown in photos. Else Very Good+ condition. Binding remains tight and secure throughout. Pages are clean, bright and crisp. This copy does not show indication of much use and is in great condition for its age. Very difficult to locate an antique cookbook in this condition. No DJ. Book is in a removable, protective plastic book jacket cover. Additional pictures available by request. This item will be shipped securely via USPS priority insured mail. No additional postage required.
Written by Irma Starkloff Rombauer, The Joy of Cooking was first tested and illustrated by her daughter, Marion Rombauer Becker. Subsequently it was revised and enlarged through Marion?s efforts and those of her architect husband John Becker. Their sons?Ethan, with his Cordon Bleu and camping experiences, and Mark, with his interest in natural foods?have reinforced Joy in many ways.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This is the best cook book I have ever owned and I have a bookcase full of them.It has the best recipes and has true potential of being the greatest cook book ever written..
- Green Mountain Books, LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Joy of Cooking
- Irma S. Rombauer
- Marion Rombauer Becker
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- First Trade Edition, First Printing
- The Bobbs-Merrill Company
- Date published
- Cookbook, Rare, Collectible
Terms of Sale
Green Mountain Books, LLC
Orders usually ship within 3 business days. Shipping costs listed is for a book weighing 2 lbs or less. Shipped uninsured media mail. Additional postage is required for books over 2 lbs, oversize books, multi-volume sets, insurance request, or if shipped out of the United States. Orders over $150 are shipped with USPS Priority or FedEx with insurance and subject to additional shipping costs.
About the Seller
About Green Mountain Books, LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
- Indicates that the affected part of the book has been impacted in such a way so as to cause a flattening, indention, or light...[more]