[Fine American Binding] Dramatic Works of William Shakespeare, Accurately Printed from the Text of the Corrected Copy, Left By the Late George Stevens, Esq. With a Glossary and Notes, and a Sketch of the Life of the Poet. In Two Volumes (bound as one) Hardcover - 1851
by Shakespeare, William
- very good
More Shipping Options
Boston: Phillips, Sampson, and Co., 1851. Two volumes bound as one in contemporary red morocco, the front and back covers featuring a lavishly gilt scene with Shakespeare's bust atop a monument with two cherubs hanging a garland of flowers, and two seated ladies in robes.All edges gilt, plain pale yellow end papers. Unsigned. With forty illustrations, including frontis portrait of Shakespeare. A lovely example of fine American binding of the period. Very Good Plus, light wear at edges, toning to end papers and scattered mild to moderate toning throughout. v, 466, 535, 10 (glossary), 10 pp publisher adverts. . First Edition Thus. Morocco. Very Good/No Jacket, As Issued. Thick 8vo.
About Dale Steffey Books, ABAA Indiana, United States
Online bookseller specializing in rare and collectible books in all fields. Books bought and sold from single item to entire collection.
Terms of Sale:
Any book is returnable for any reason within 10 days for a complete refund, as long as it is returned in the same condition as when received. Please notify in advance of return. I accept checks, money orders, Mastercard, Visa, and bank wire transfer.
- Title [Fine American Binding] Dramatic Works of William Shakespeare, Accurately Printed from the Text of the Corrected Copy, Left By the Late George Stevens, Esq. With a Glossary and Notes, and a Sketch of the Life of the Poet. In Two Volumes (bound as one)
- Author Shakespeare, William
- Binding Hardcover
- Edition First Edition Thus
- Condition Very Good
- Publisher Phillips, Sampson, and Co., Boston
- Date 1851
- Bookseller's Inventory # 008335