The Kalmar Ruby Song Book
by Kalmar, Bert & Harry Ruby, with Groucho Marx, Robert Benchley,Irving Berlin, Moss Hart, Ben Hecht, et al
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Even toning to pages, light foxing to gutters and edges of pastedowns (and hinges of cloth spine), shelf wear to bottom edges of boards, still very good in a very good, lightly soiled jacket with small chips and closed tears to edges.
Words and music to eleven songs by the songwriting team of Kalmar and Ruby, who wrote for such stage and screen icons as the Marx Brothers and Eddie Cantor, and who were the subject of the 1950 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer musical Three Little Words, starring Fred Astaire and Red Skelton. Two of the songs included (Captain Spalding and The Musketeers) appeared in the stage and film versions of the Marx Brothers film Animal Crackers.
Introducing and commenting on the songs are reasonably accurate dissertations by Ben Hecht, Groucho Marx, Robert Benchley, Irving Berlin, Moss Hart, Frankiln P. Adams, Marc Connelly, Nunnally Johnson, and James K. McGuinness.
An uncommon collection.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Passages Bookshop (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Kalmar Ruby Song Book
- Kalmar, Bert & Harry Ruby, with Groucho Marx, Robert Benchley,Irving Berlin, Moss Hart, Ben Hecht, et al
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First printing
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All books are first editions in very good or better condition unless otherwise noted. Dustjackets are noted when present. Books will be held for one week unless other arrangements are made, and all purchases are returnable for any reason with advance notification. Institutional billing is available with standard terms.
About the Seller
About Passages Bookshop
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]