Katy and the Big Snow (First Edition)
by Burton, Virginia Lee
- Fair/No Jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1943.
FIRST EDITION, FIRST PRINTING with 1943 date on title page, etc.
Fair. Rebound; binding pretty good; pages have some smudging and a few crayon marks; lots of tears, mostly small, one large tear repaired with tape; exlibrary with usual marks; covers are worn with moderate soil; no jacket..
Katy, a brave and untiring tractor, who pushes a bulldozer in the summer and a snowplow in the winter, makes it possible for the townspeople to do their jobs. In 2009, we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of Virginia Lee Burton's birth. As part of this celebration a glitter-cover edition of Katy and the Big Snow, complete with snowy stickers, has been created. In this enduring winter favorite from the Caldecott Medal winner Burton, Katy the snowplow finally gets her chance to shine when a blizzard blankets the city and everyone is relying on Katy to help dig out. This new paperback is perfect for gift giving. Children love sharing Katy’s shining moment of glory and will inevitably admire her chug, chug, chug” endurance.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- LaCelle Rare Books (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- Katy and the Big Snow (First Edition)
- Burton, Virginia Lee
- Book condition
- Used - Fair
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- 1st Edition
- Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company
- Date Published
- MIKE MULLIGAN STEAM SHOVEL, THE LITTLE HOUSE
Terms of Sale
LaCelle Rare Books
About the Seller
About LaCelle Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]