The Kitchen God's Wife
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
"Riveting...the book rings with distinctive voices, and it's laden with those details that make readers feel that they've gained a toehold on another world." -USA TodayWinnie and Helen have kept each other's worst secrets for more than fifty years. Now, because she believes she is dying, Helen wants to expose everything. And Winnie angrily determines that she must be the one to tell her daughter, Pearl, about the past—including the terible truth even Helen does not know. And so begins Winnie's story of her life on a small island outside Shanghai in the 1920s, and other places in China during World War II, and traces the happy and desperate events tha led to Winnie's coming to America in 1949.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
it's beautiful, you won't regret spending your money in buying this book. you will learn many things about chinese culture.
- Nerman's Books and Collectibles (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Kitchen God's Wife
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- 1st Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Putnam & Company
- Place of Publication
- E Rutherford, New Jersey, U.S.A.
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Misc Books;
Terms of Sale
Nerman's Books and Collectibles
About the Seller
About Nerman's Books and Collectibles
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]