Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Garden City, NY: Doubleday, Doran & Co., 1944 Doubleday, Doran & Co., Garden City, NY. 1944. Hardcover. Book Club Edition. Book is tight, square, and unmarked. Book Condition: Good; wear to head, tail, tips, and board tops and bottoms; soiling to board peripheries. DJ: Fair; missing pieces at head and tail; wear to flap folds and spine shoulders; toning to panels and spine. Blue grained boards and spine with tarnished gilt lettering on the spine. Tinted textblock top; banded head and tail. Internally clean; sound hinges. 278 pp 8vo. This is a WWII novel set in Crete during the German air invasion. A young English nurse in the British Army leads the fight from an ancient labyrinth in the mountains and builds and organization that defies the German occupation. Military action abounds in this story of quenchless heroism that unites fiction and history. A clean presentable copy in a Brodart mylar jacket.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Walnut Valley Books/Books by White (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Labyrinth
- Cecil Roberts
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Book Club Edition
- Doubleday, Doran & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Garden City, NY
- Date published
- military fiction, Crete, Tunis, Tunisia, German Army, British Army, Invasion of Crete, guerrilla warfare on Crete, Cretan mountains, Germain air invasion,
- Bookseller catalogs
- Military Fiction;
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or in the unfortunate event, damaged. All books are packed and wrapped with care to avoid shifting during shipment and edge/tip strikes during the mailing process.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
Our SUMMER SALE is on through May 28, 2021 with 20% discounts on all books in our inventory. Walnut Valley Books is a small independent home-based business with the bulk of my holdings being of an American military nature covering everything from the Revolutionary War to the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I also have holdings of books on the Middle East, the southwestern United States (New Mexico especially, Kansas related titles, Oklahoma related titles, and other regionally specialized books. All of my holdings are hand-selected to be good quality books of interest to the reader, historian, or the collector. In addition to the above, you will also find a wide range of other topics such as Medical, US History, autobiographical, biographical, sports, women's studies, and many other eclectic topics.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- book club edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The heel of the spine.