Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Volume II July to December. 358 pp. 6 issues bound together. Frontispiece - engraved portrait of C. M. Wieland. Contents include: Christopher Martin Wieland; Travels in Turkey; My First Ball, Marriage in France, The Mirror of Fashion - coloured plate of fashionable dresses over 2 pages (Walking dresses, Morning dresses, Public Promenade Dresses, Dinners dresses); engraving of Vincenzo Month; The Loves of Poets; Constantinople, The Mirror of Fashion - coloured plate of fashionable dresses over 2 pages; engraved plate of Buffalo, Anecdotes of Animals; The Croppy, The Mirror of Fashion - coloured plate of fashionable dresses over 2 pages, Engraved portrait - Lady of Irkdale; The Monks and the Pilgrim; , The Mirror of Fashion - coloured plate of fashionable dresses over 2 pages; engraved plate of Buffalo, Anecdotes of Animals; The Croppy, The Mirror of Fashion - coloured plate of fashionable dresses over 2 pages; engraved portrait; Duke of Friedland's Page; Gypies, Fairy-Women (from 'Tales of Irish Life'); Mirror of Fashion - coloured plate of fashionable dresses over 2 pages; engraved portrait; Dr Doddridge etc. Spots of foxing mainly confined to vicinity of engraved plates. Text otherwise clean. Binding tight. Bookplate on fep. Green half leather with green hard paper boards. Gilt lettering on two black spine labels. Gilt decoration on spine. Top, bottom and edges of spine rubbed. Corners rubbed. Overall condition VG.
- Owl Books (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Ladies' Museum for the Year MDCCCXXIX (1829)
- Book condition
- London: James Robins and Co., 1829.
- History womens' Fashion
Terms of Sale
Prices are in Euros. Postage and Packing are at cost. Any item found unsatisfactory may be returned provided this is done within 7 days of receipt. We accept payment in Euros or Sterling equivalent (cheques payable to Owl Books). We also accept payment by Visa/Mastercard.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Owl Books
Owl Books is located in Kinlough, Co. Leitrim in the north-west of Ireland.We stock a wide range of topics including Natural History, Country Sports, General Literature, Travel and Topography, Religious and Modern Firsts. We welcome any enquiries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]