Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Collins, 1950. 1st Edition . Hardcover. Near Fine/Very Good. First edition hardback in near Fine condition, with a Very Good clipped jacket. Green cloth boards, very lightly bumped, surfaces clean256 pages, owner's name to fep, scattered very minor use marks and foxing, mainly confined to the edge of the text block, binding tight and square. Jacket has light edge wear, chipped and scuffed to head and toe of the spine, closed tears to lower front and rear edges, minor surface marks, now protected in a removable clear plastic sleeve. Free standard airmail worldwide.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
UP THE HILL BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2016
Ask Seller a Question
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]