Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
xix, 128 pp + 16 pp ads. Frontispiece, & 2 other plates. An account of the The Countess of La Garaye of Brittany written in verse. Previous owner's inscription on half-title. Brown eps. Front hinge beginning to crack. Occasional spot of foxing in text. Green cloth boards with elaborate gilt decoration on front board, gilt lettering on spine and blindstamp decoration on rear board. Top edge gilt. Boards patchily faded. Corners lightly bumped. Overall condition VG.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Owl Books (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Lady of La Garaye
- Norton, The Hon. Mrs.:
- Book condition
- London: Macmillan and Co., 1862.
- Poetry, Lady of La Garaye
Terms of Sale
Prices are in Euros. Postage and Packing are at cost. Any item found unsatisfactory may be returned provided this is done within 7 days of receipt. We accept payment in Euros or Sterling equivalent (cheques payable to Owl Books). We also accept payment by Visa/Mastercard.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Owl Books
Owl Books is located in Kinlough, Co. Leitrim in the north-west of Ireland.We stock a wide range of topics including Natural History, Country Sports, General Literature, Travel and Topography, Religious and Modern Firsts. We welcome any enquiries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A blindstamp is a stamped impression, usually an image, logo, words, or design on the cover or spine of a book, without color or...[more]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]