Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Philadelphia, PA: Lea & Febiger, 1966 Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, PA. 1966. Hardcover. Stated 2nd Edition. Book is tight, square, and unmarked. Book Condition: Very Good; light shelfwear to head, tail, and tips. No DJ. Yellow pictorial buckram boards and spine with bright green lettering on the spine and front board. 563 pp 8vo. This edition was the go-to resource for equine lameness and in-depth information on objective lameness assessment, sports medicine, rehabilitation, treatment options, and imaging. With contributions from the world’s leading authorities on the subject, the book covers functional anatomy, examination, imaging, lameness of the distal limb, proximal limb, and axial skeleton, principles of musculoskeletal disease, therapies, occupation-related conditions, lameness in young horses, and farriery. 362 illustrations support the text, making it an exhaustive reference for all aspects of lameness in horses up to its 1966 publication. A clean very presentable copy.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Walnut Valley Books/Books by White (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Lameness in Horses
- O.R. Adams, DVM
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- 2nd Edition
- Lea & Febiger
- Place of Publication
- Philadelphia, PA
- Date published
- horses, lameness, farriery, horse conformation, anatomy and physiology of the horse, soundness in the horse, diagnosis of lameness, horse shoeing, horse gait, broken bones in the horse,
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or in the unfortunate event, damaged. All books are packed and wrapped with care to avoid shifting during shipment and edge/tip strikes during the mailing process.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2018
Ask Seller a Question
About Walnut Valley Books/Books by White
Our SUMMER SALE is on through May 28, 2021 with 20% discounts on all books in our inventory. Walnut Valley Books is a small independent home-based business with the bulk of my holdings being of an American military nature covering everything from the Revolutionary War to the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I also have holdings of books on the Middle East, the southwestern United States (New Mexico especially, Kansas related titles, Oklahoma related titles, and other regionally specialized books. All of my holdings are hand-selected to be good quality books of interest to the reader, historian, or the collector. In addition to the above, you will also find a wide range of other topics such as Medical, US History, autobiographical, biographical, sports, women's studies, and many other eclectic topics.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- The heel of the spine.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]