Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
vii, 316 pp. A novel set in Ottawa in 1850's. Hinges cracked. Previous owner's inscription on fep and blindstamp on half-title. Blue cloth boards with gilt lettering on front board and spine. Top, bottom and edges of spine rubbed. Split of about 2 inches along front edge of spine. Corners rubbed. Boards patchily faded. Overall condition VG-. No dust wrapper.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Owl Books (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Land of Silence
- Burgin, G.B.:
- Book condition
- London: Eveleigh Nash, 1904.
- G.B. Burgin, Ottawa
Terms of Sale
Prices are in Euros. Postage and Packing are at cost. Any item found unsatisfactory may be returned provided this is done within 7 days of receipt. We accept payment in Euros or Sterling equivalent (cheques payable to Owl Books). We also accept payment by Visa/Mastercard.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Owl Books
Owl Books is located in Kinlough, Co. Leitrim in the north-west of Ireland.We stock a wide range of topics including Natural History, Country Sports, General Literature, Travel and Topography, Religious and Modern Firsts. We welcome any enquiries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A blindstamp is a stamped impression, usually an image, logo, words, or design on the cover or spine of a book, without color or...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]