The Language of Botany Being a Dictionary of the Terms Made Use of in That Science Principally By Linneus. With Familiar Explanations and an Attempt to Establish Significant English Terms. The Whole Interspersed with Critical Remarks.
by Martyn, Thomas
- very good
- Very Good
Standard Delivery: 6 to 15 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Printed by J. Davis for B. and J. White, 1796. Second edition, corrected and enlarged (pp. xxxiii, text unpaginated). Octavo (22 cm) bound in half vellum over somewhat worn marbled paper, from the library and with the signature of the naturalist C[linton]. Hart Merriam (1855- 1942), a founder of the National Geographic Society and first head of what became the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Martyn (1735- 1825) was Regius Professor of Botany at Cambridge for over sixty years and an early proponent of Linneus’ botanical system. A very good, sound copy.
- Trillium Antiquarian Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Language of Botany Being a Dictionary of the Terms Made Use of in That Science Principally By Linneus. With Familiar Explanations and an Attempt to Establish Significant English Terms. The Whole Interspersed with Critical Remarks.
- Martyn, Thomas
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
Terms of Sale
Trillium Antiquarian Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Trillium Antiquarian Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- marbled paper
- Decorative colored paper that imitates marble with a veined, mottled, or swirling pattern. Commonly used as the end papers or...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ...[more]