L'ARGONAUTICA DI APOLLONIO RODIO.
by APOLLONIO RODIO. Apollonius of Rhodes. Translated and edited by Cardinal Lodovico Flangini.:
- See description
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Rome, a spese di Venanzio Monaldini, e Paolo Giunchi, 1791.. 2 volumes, complete set, FIRST EDITION 1791-94, parallel Greek and Italian text with explanation in Italian, 4to, approximately 280 x 210 mm, 11 x 8¼ inches, each title page has a different engraving, 2 engravings in the prelim pages plus 17 engravings of varying size in the text, large folding map at the end of the prelims, pages: xxxix, 168, 199-434, ; xxviij, 531, , the jump in pagination in Volume I is a printer's error, the register and text are continuous, bound in modern half calf, red and green gilt lettered labels, gilt rules and decoration to spine, mottled paper covered boards, new endpapers, speckled edges. Rubbing to corners, neat inscription (C. J. R. Coleridge, address and date 1860) on front endpaper, tiny blind stamp of bookseller on endpaper of Volume II, small chip to 3 fore-edge margins, small tear to 1 fore-edge margin, all due to paper flaws, a couple of pages faintly foxed, otherwise a clean tight set. First published in Greek in Florence in 1496, Apollonius of Rhodes (3rd century B.C.) Jason and the Golden Fleece. MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE. FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- L'ARGONAUTICA DI APOLLONIO RODIO.
- APOLLONIO RODIO. Apollonius of Rhodes. Translated and edited by Cardinal Lodovico Flangini.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Rome, a spese di Venanzio Monaldini, e Paolo Giunchi, 1791.
- Jason Golden Fleece Argonaut Italian Greek Greece Classics Apollonius Rhodes
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]