Lectures on English Poets -and- The Spirit of the Age (Everyman's Library #459)
by HAZLITT, William
- Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.. Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket. 1964. Hardcover. A 1964 reprint of the 1910 issuance. William Hazlitt's lectures on English poets are combined with his series of biographical sketches of 25 important thinkers of his time, in an Everyman's Library edition. Hazlitt (1778-1830) was a prominent English literary critic and painter. With an introduction by Catherine Macdonald Maclean. Everyman's Library #459, an entry in EL's Essays & Criticism series. --- In Everyman's Library larger format binding style 4. Full black cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling and gilt interlocked "EL" in script at tail of spine; orange topstain. Volume wrapped in yellow dust jacket with R. T. Osborne drawing to front panel. --- With frequent discreet notations and underlinings in ink to perhaps as many as six of the essays, a small back cover dent and mildly rounded cover corners, otherwise a clean, tightly-bound copy. Bright jacket with inked price to cover, a small tear and a hint of sunning to spine, else undamaged and wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; xv, 362 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Lectures on English Poets -and- The Spirit of the Age (Everyman's Library #459)
- HAZLITT, William
- Book condition
- Used - Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket
- Everyman's Library - J. M. Dent & Sons Ltd. / E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc.
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]