Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1896 1ed ROMANIA Legends River & Mountain Wied Sylva Romanian Folklore Strettell
Elisabeth of Wied, but also known as Carmen Sylva, was the Queen of Romania throughout the end of the 19th-century until her death in 1916. And while she was certainly recognized for her royal status, she also is known for her literary career in which she went by the penname Sylva. She wrote numerous plays, poems, novels, and stories many of which have been adapted into legends and traditional mythologies of central Europe.
'Legends From River and Mountain' is an 1896 English book of Sylva's German stories. Supplemented with illustrations of T.H. Robinson, this book also includes the stories of Alma Strettell who collaborated with Sylva on a number of traditional Romanian-French folk songs and folk tales, including this first edition book.
Item number: #11223
Legends from river and mountain
London: George Allen, 1896. First edition.
· Collation: Complete with all pages
o [xi], 328
o 42 engravings
· Language: English
· Binding: Hardcover; tight and secure
· Size: ~ 8.5in X 6in (21cm x 15cm)
Very Fast. Very Safe. Free Shipping Worldwide.
Customer satisfaction is our priority! Notify us with 7 days of receiving, and we will offer a full refund without reservation!
Photos available upon request.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Legends from river and mountain
- SYLVA, Carmen
- T.H. Robinson
- Hardcover; tight and secure
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Quantity available
- George Allen
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 1896 1ed ROMANIA Legends River & Mountain Wied Sylva Romanian Folklore Strettellrare, antique, old, first edition, 1st state, provenance, signed, inscribed, dust jacket, vellum, manuscript, engravings, illustrations, leather, plates, maps, antiquarian
Terms of Sale
Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
About the Seller
About Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.