Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: The Folio Society. Limited. Hardcover. Like New. The complete limited edition set of The Letterpress Shakespeare works. Edited by numerous scholars under general editor Stanley Wells. Each volume is quarter-bound in goatskin leather (royal blue, forest green, burgundy and dark blue according to the category of the volume), blocked in gold with hand-marbled paper sides. Gilded top edge. Silk ribbon bookmark. Deckled page edges. Printed by Letterpress on mould-made paper. Each volume is presented in a buckram clam shell box with a leather spine label titled in gold. A commentary, which includes the original text and explanatory notes, is nicely in-set in each case. Commentaries are bound in buckram with a paper label on front and titled in gold on spine. The set includes four categories of Shakespeare's works: Histories, comedies, tragedies, and poems. Most volumes are copy number 12 of 1,000, with the exception of 12 volumes which are copy 12 of 3,750 and one which is copy 12 of 1,980. List of histories: Henry V (small scratch on front of box); King Henry VIII; Richard III; Henry VI Part One (printed quote laid in); Henry VI Part Two; Henry VI Part Three; King John; Richard II; Henry IV Part One; Henry IV Part Two. List of comedies: Twelfth Night (12 of 3,750); The Tempest (12 of 3,750); All's Well That Ends Well; As You Like It (12 of 3,750); The Winter's Tale; The Merchant of Venice; The Two Gentlemen of Verona; Pericles: Prince of Tyre; Love's Labour's Lost; A Midsummer Night's Dream (bumped on bottom edge of box, 12 of 3,750); The Taming of the Shrew; Measure for Measure; Much Ado About Nothing; The Two Noble Kinsmen; The Comedy of Errors; The Merry Wives of Windsor. List of tragedies: King Lear (12 of 3,750); Anthony and Cleopatra (12 of 3,750); Coriolanus (12 of 3,750); Macbeth (12 of 3,750; small bump on bottom edge of box); Cymbeline; Titus Andronicus (12 of 3,750); Othello (12 of 3,750); Troilus and Cressida; Hamlet (12 of 3,750; pamphlet about typesetting laid in); Timon of Athens (small bump on bottom edge of box); Romeo and Juliet; Julius Caesar (12 of 3,750; bumped corner). List of poems: Sonnets and Poems (12 of 1,980). Overall condition of this set is like new with exceptions noted and very minor shelf wear on some volumes. Only one previous owner. Domestic USA shipping as quoted (almost free). International shipping will require additional quotation. Full refund if not satisfied.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Shelley and Son Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Letterpress Shakespeare Works - Complete 39 Volume Set (Limited Edition)
- William Shakespeare
- Book condition
- New Like New
- Quantity available
- The Folio Society
- Place of Publication
Terms of Sale
Shelley and Son Books
I offer a full refund if not satisfied as long as the book is returned in the same condition as sent.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Ask Seller a Question
About Shelley and Son Books
We specialize in books by and about C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, the Inklings, and their Friends.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- spine label
- The paper or leather descriptive tag attached to the spine of the book, most commonly providing the title and author of the...[more]
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...[more]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Goatskin, leather made from goat, is durable and easy to dye. The original and finest examples of Morocco binding are...[more]