The Life of Benjamin Franklin
by CHAPLIN, Jeremiah
- Very Good- with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: D. Lothrop & Co.. Very Good- with no dust jacket. 1876. First Edition. Hardcover. A rather scarce copy of this 1876 First Edition of Jeremiah Chaplin's biography of American founding father, printer and inventor Benjamin Franklin. With a tissue-protected frontis engraved portrait that offers a Franklin image not often seen. --- In dark blue cloth-covered boards with decorations and titling in black and gilt on cover and spine. --- Despite the beginnings of a partial split near front of volume, volume remains firmly bound. With light wear to cloth at edges, minor soiling to covers.; Small Octavo (7-1/2 to 8 in. tall); 898 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Life of Benjamin Franklin
- CHAPLIN, Jeremiah
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good- with no dust jacket
- First Edition
- D. Lothrop & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir; >>American History & Politics;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]