The Life of John A. Rawlins, Lawyer, Assistant Adjutant-General, Chief of Staff, Major General of Volunteers, and Secretary of War
by Wilson, James Harrison
Greensboro, North Carolina
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Neale Publishing Company, 1916. First Edition First Printing . Hardcover. Good. 8vo. 514 pages, indexed. Hardcover bound in blue cloth. Moderate rubbing and wear to the binding. The gutter is cracking between the front flyleaf and the frontis with the webbing exposed. The last page of the index and the rear flyleaf is creased at the top corner. The text block is sound, and the text appears a little toned but generally clean.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Pages Past Used and Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Life of John A. Rawlins, Lawyer, Assistant Adjutant-General, Chief of Staff, Major General of Volunteers, and Secretary of War
- Wilson, James Harrison
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition First Printing
- The Neale Publishing Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 1916; James Harrison Wilson; John A. Rawlins; Civil War; Union; U.S. Grant; Ulysses S. Grant; Secretary of War; Neale Press; Neal; Publishing; Scarce; Rare.
- Bookseller catalogs
- Civil War;
Terms of Sale
Pages Past Used and Rare Books
14 day return guarantee, with full refund if an item arrives mis-described or damaged. Buyer pays return shipping.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2017
Greensboro, North Carolina
Ask Seller a Question
About Pages Past Used and Rare Books
Pages Past is a small used & rare bookshop located a few blocks from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Since 1996 we have been serving the Triad community as well as customers from around the world. We have around 15-20,000 volumes in our shop. We specialize in North Carolina, Virginia, Civil War, Old Leather, Christianity, Eastern and Western Philosophies, and the simply unusual. We very likely have the oldest books in Greensboro; we keep a nice selection of antiquarian volumes and scholarly books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]