Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
(MILL, JOHN STUART). PACKE, Michael St. John. The Life of John Stuart Mill. Original cloth, dust jacket. London: Secker and Warburg, 1954. First edition. Front hinge tender, else very good in a soiled and torn d/j.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
George S. MacManus Company
We accept VS or MC or we will hold for a check. Books may be returned with the original packing slip within 7 days. Domestic Shipping via UPS is $5.00 for 1st volume, $2.50 for each additional volume. International rates given upon request.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Bryn Mawr,, Pennsylvania
Ask Seller a Question
About George S. MacManus Company
Our inventory of over 45,000 catalogued titles focuses primarily on 18th and 19th century Americana with specialities such as Voyages and Travels, Local Histories, Indians and the West and the Civil War. Also included in our collection are English and American literary first editions, Limited Edition Club selections and Books about Books.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]