THE LIFE OF JOSEPH BISHOP, the Celebrated Old Pioneer in the First Settlements of Middle Tennessee, Embracing His Wonderful Adventures and Narrow Escapes with the Indians, His Animating and Remarkable Hunting Excursions. Interspersed with Racy Anecdotes of Those Early Times.
by Gray, John W
10 Copies Available from This Seller
Standard Delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
One of the most engaging and valuable of the first-hand books of Tennessee historical reminiscences, this narrative recounts the adventures of a pioneer, hunter, Indian fighter, and scout during the time from 1790 to 1820 as told by Joseph Bishop to the author. Written in a very florid style, it nevertheless conveys the flavor of an old pioneer's adventures and character. The late Tennessee State Historian Stanley F. Horn, in a special introduction written for this reprint edition, called it "an impressive reflection of the raw reality of pioneer life in Tennessee," and welcomed the reprint edition which will make it more readily accessible to "the many who will be entertained and enlightened by it."
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Reprint Company Publishers (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE LIFE OF JOSEPH BISHOP, the Celebrated Old Pioneer in the First Settlements of Middle Tennessee, Embracing His Wonderful Adventures and Narrow Escapes with the Indians, His Animating and Remarkable Hunting Excursions. Interspersed with Racy Anecdotes of Those Early Times.
- Gray, John W
- Book condition
- New New
- Quantity available
- Print on Demand Edition 2010
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Orig. pub. Nashville 1858. Reprinted 1974
- Place of Publication
- Spartanburg, Sc
- This edition first published
- Bookseller catalogs
- North Carolina; Mississippi; Alabama; Tennessee; Old Southwest;
Terms of Sale
The Reprint Company Publishers
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
Orders are processed and shipped within the week they are received. We ship principally by UPS, UPS Mail Innovations or U.S.P.S. Media Mail. With UPS we cannot ship to a post office box and need a physical address. All Print on Demand titles are shipped via UPS or UPS Mail Innovations directly from the bindery to you. If you desire shipping by any of the Postal Service's expedited mail services (Priority or Express Mail) or anything other than UPS Ground, contact us to arrange that.
Prices of individual books are shown with their entry. Postage and shipping charges are extra and can be calculated with the order. Payment is through Biblio.com.
About the Seller
About The Reprint Company Publishers
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Common abbreviation for 'published'
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.