A Life of William Shakespeare
by LEE, Sidney
- Very Good- with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Macmillan Company. Very Good- with no dust jacket. 1906. Hardcover. A biography of William Shakespeare by England's Sir Sidney Lee in a 1906 printing of the original 1898 issuance. With frontis portrait of Shakespeare, as well as other illustrations, including three examples of Shakespeare's autographs. --- In maroon ribbed cloth with gilt-stamped Shakespeare coat of arms to front cover; titling in gilt to spine and top edge gilt. --- With prior owner's signatures to front free endpaper and to title page, mild sunning to cloth at spine, neatly-inked underlinings to several passages and dampstains to cloth at tail of spine, otherwise a tightly-bound, sound copy.; Small Octavo - 7-1/2 to 8 in. tall; xxv, 476, (1, ads) pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- A Life of William Shakespeare
- LEE, Sidney
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good- with no dust jacket
- The Macmillan Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The heel of the spine.