The LIght of Asia or the Great Renunciation (mahabhinishkramana) Being the Life and Teaching of Gautama Prince of India and Founder of Buddhism ( as Told in Verse By an Indian buddhist)
by Arnold, Edwin
- very good
- Very Good/No Jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: American Book Exchange, 1880 A nice solid book. minor aging to pages but still very clear. No signatures or internal marking. Green cloth boards with gilt moon/star decoration with embossed title and authors name. . Some shelfwear chipping to head and tail of spine and minor bumping and knocking to edges and corners. Originally published 1879 in England this is a very early American edition.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Westside Stories (CA)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The LIght of Asia or the Great Renunciation (mahabhinishkramana) Being the Life and Teaching of Gautama Prince of India and Founder of Buddhism ( as Told in Verse By an Indian buddhist)
- Arnold, Edwin
- Cloth Boards
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- American Book Exchange
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 16mo - over 5¾" - 6¾" tall
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Extra shipping required on heavier books.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2015
Ask Seller a Question
About Westside Stories
Used, hard to find, and out of print books. Large fiction and non-fiction sections, Over 25000 books in store.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]