LITTLE BLACK SAMBO ANIMATED! ANIMATED!
by Helen Bannerman
- Very Good with no dust jacket
Austin, Texas, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: E. P. Dutton & Co; Duenewald Printing Co. Very Good with no dust jacket 1943. First Edition. Hardcover. Bright copy of this excellent, collectible animated book. Color illustratio ns/animations by Julian Wehr. This is a first edition with 7 animations that are animated by moving a paper tab back and forth (I understand that other later books of this one have fewer animations). Absolutely adorable! All of the tabs work and all of the pieces move, although two aren't "good as new". All pages are attached well to the red spiral binding. Nothing is scribbled on; no water marks. The tabs have surface soil/wear but each functions ok. Please note each animation and their condition: Animation 1 (Sambo with umbrella) - one leg is missing; the leg that is there has had some obvious repair. Animation 2 (Sambo giving jacket to tiger) - perfect. Animation 3 (Sambo giving pants to tiger) - perfect. Animation 4 (Tiger grabbing for Sambo) - perfect. Animation 5 (Tiger opening umbrella) - one side of umbrella doesn't open properly & Tiger's neck is tearing at the joint. Animation 6 (Tigers fighting) - perfect. Animation 7 (Jumbo, Mumbo, and Sambo eating pancakes) - perfect. Inscribed neatly in pen on Christmas 1943 on inside front cover. Edges rubbed, esp. Corners & spine with some chipping. Slight soiling. Slight yellowing. Sound binding. ; 8vo 8" - 9" tall; 24 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- JuliesBooks (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- LITTLE BLACK SAMBO ANIMATED! ANIMATED!
- Helen Bannerman
- Illustrated by Julian Wehr
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good with no dust jacket
- First Edition
- E. P. Dutton & Co; Duenewald Printing Co
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Black Americana, Butter, Children\'s Collectible Book, Classic Story, Collectible Childen\'s Book, Disobedience, Helen Bannerman, Illustrated Children\'s Book, Little Black Sambo
- Bookseller catalogs
- Little Black Sambo;
Terms of Sale
Return book for refund within 10 days if not as described.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
Currently specializing in vintage, collectible children's books (esp. Little Black Sambo and books illustrated by Ruth E. Newton)
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The double leaves bound into a book at the front and rear after ...
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...