Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
[ANNIE FELLOWS JOHNSTON]. LITTLE COLONEL'S KNIGHT COMES RIDING. L.C. Page & Company, Boston, 1907. First Edition, first impression stated. In original tan-grey cloth with illustrations on cover and spine, stamped in various colors of red, green, grey and white, tissue guard opposite frontispiece intact. Condition: Near Fine / Very Good. With mild shelf wear, two centimeter closed tear to cloth near head of spine, light soiling to covers and outer edges of text block, hinge starting, minor rubbing to corners and extremities of cloth boards typical vintage books of this age, otherwise barely read, pages are very clean, bright and binding tight. Not a reprint or Ex-library. Illustrations by Etheldred B. Barry. True First Edition of a classic children's book from the turn of the century, collectible. 318 pgs. 12mo.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Astro Trader Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE LITTLE COLONEL'S KNIGHT COMES RIDING
- Annie Fellows Johnston
- Etheldred B. Barry
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- L.C. Page & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Annie Fellows Johnston, Etheldred B. Barry
- Bookseller catalogs
- Children's and YA (Young Adult);
Terms of Sale
Astro Trader Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2020
Los Angeles , California
Ask Seller a Question
About Astro Trader Books
Astro Trader Books was founded in 2010 selling camera manuals, then branched into antiquarian, modern firsts, science fiction, fantasy, horror genres and pulp fiction.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]