Lives of the English Poets, Volume Two only (of two) (Everyman's Library #771)
by JOHNSON, Samuel
- Good+ in Very Good dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London / New York: Everyman's Library: J. M. Dent / E. P. Dutton. Good+ in Very Good dust jacket. 1961. Hardcover. A 1961 reprint of the 1925 issuance. Volume 2 only of a two-volume set of Doctor Johnson's biographical sketches made of the principal English Poets. Originally published under the title "Lives of the Most Eminent English Poets" in 1779 through 1781. This volume covers poets William Congreve (1670-1728-29) to Thomas Gray (1716-1771). --- In Everyman's Library larger format binding style 4. Full blue cloth-covered boards with gilt-stamped spine titling and gilt interlocked "EL" in script at tail of spine; pale orange topstain. Volume wrapped in blue dust jacket with Leonard N. Breach drawing to front panel. --- With prior owner's signature to front free endpaper and frequent underlinings and marks in ink within the text, otherwise a sound, tightly-bound copy. Jacket with some yellowing to spine, else bright, intact and wrapped in removable archival mylar protector.; 12mo - 7 to 7-1/2 in. tall; v, 403 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Lives of the English Poets, Volume Two only (of two) (Everyman's Library #771)
- JOHNSON, Samuel
- Book condition
- Used - Good+ in Very Good dust jacket
- Everyman's Library: J. M. Dent / E. P. Dutton
- Place of Publication
- London / New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>Poetry; >>Biography, Autobiography, Memoir;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The heel of the spine.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback.... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.