Livingstone and the Exploration of Central Africa. With twenty-two illustrations from photographs or drawings by the author and seven maps drawn by E. G. Ravenstein, F.R.G.S.
by Johnston, H. H. C.B., F.R.G.S., F.Z.S. ETC (H.M. Commissioner for Nyasaland and Consul-General for Portuguese East Africa)
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Awarded to V. S. Ackroyd. (A wool merchant, trading with Canada in the 2oth century)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Livingstone and the Exploration of Central Africa. With twenty-two illustrations from photographs or drawings by the author and seven maps drawn by E. G. Ravenstein, F.R.G.S.
- Johnston, H. H. C.B., F.R.G.S., F.Z.S. ETC (H.M. Commissioner for Nyasaland and Consul-General for Portuguese East Africa)
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- George Philip & Son
- Place of Publication
- London & Liverpool
- Date published
- Livingstone, Zambezi, Nyasaland. Africa, Travel, Prize binding
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Africa; Christmas gift ideas; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.