by Larry McMurtry
- very good
- Very Good/Very Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An epic story of two retired Texas Rangers on a cattle drive to Montana that is loosely basedon historic events from the 19th century, the original Lonesome Dove story was written to be a screenplay called "The Streets of Laredo.” The 1970s film was to be directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring John Wayne, James Stewart, and Henry Fonda. However, due to casting issues, the movie was abandoned. Larry McMurtry later turned the Lonesome Dove script into a full-length Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The novel was later re-adapted to a four-part television miniseries starring Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall, and Robert Urich.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Lonesome Dove
I am 64 years old and have read many books, but this novel takes the cow pie cake--so to speak. I could not put it down--it has consumed my days and nights with the most outstanding writing I have ever read. I almost wanted to scratch the palces he was describing--I felt the rope on my neck--the bug bites--smelled the smells the cowboys smelled--was happy when they were happy and ever so sad when the main characters were either killed or had to make a major decision.
A must read for everyone who says the love to read. This is a novel one must take on their trip to Mars or down an isolated jungle trip. It will keep you company better than anything else you could take with you.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- YJS BOXES OF BOOKS (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Lonesome Dove
- Larry McMurtry
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good
- Quantity Available
- Simon & Schuster, First Edition, Second Printing, 06/13/1985
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Simon & Schuster
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
If more information is needed about any of our books, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail. We will get back to you in a timely manner.
Terms of sale for YJS BOXES OF BOOKS
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives improperly or damaged.
YJS BOXES OF BOOKS specializes in Autobiographies and Biographies of the Rich and Famous, First and Signed First Editions, Historical: Non-Fiction and Fiction, People, Places and Things, Modern Mysteries and Thrillers, Rare and Vintage
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Shelf Wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...
- The blurb refers to the commentary that appears on the dust jacket flaps or the rear of the dustjacket. In the case of a...