by McMurtry, Larry
- See description
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 5 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An epic story of two retired Texas Rangers on a cattle drive to Montana that is loosely basedon historic events from the 19th century, the original Lonesome Dove story was written to be a screenplay called "The Streets of Laredo.” The 1970s film was to be directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring John Wayne, James Stewart, and Henry Fonda. However, due to casting issues, the movie was abandoned. Larry McMurtry later turned the Lonesome Dove script into a full-length Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The novel was later re-adapted to a four-part television miniseries starring Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall, and Robert Urich.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Lonesome Dove
I am 64 years old and have read many books, but this novel takes the cow pie cake--so to speak. I could not put it down--it has consumed my days and nights with the most outstanding writing I have ever read. I almost wanted to scratch the palces he was describing--I felt the rope on my neck--the bug bites--smelled the smells the cowboys smelled--was happy when they were happy and ever so sad when the main characters were either killed or had to make a major decision.
A must read for everyone who says the love to read. This is a novel one must take on their trip to Mars or down an isolated jungle trip. It will keep you company better than anything else you could take with you.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Ken Sanders Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- Lonesome Dove
- McMurtry, Larry
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Advance uncorrected proofs
- Simon and Schuster
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Pulitzer Prize; Larry McMurtry; American West; Texas; proofs; advance readers copy
Terms of Sale
Ken Sanders Rare Books, ABAA
All items subject to prior sale. Orders filled upon payment. We accept check, money order, PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org), and credit card (Visa/MC/AmEx/Discover). Billing terms will be arranged for institutions according to their needs, and for customers who have established credit with our company. All items are guaranteed authentic and as described, autographed items are guaranteed indefinitely. Items may be returned for a full refund within ten days of receipt, prior notification requested.
About the Seller
Ken Sanders Rare Books, ABAA
About Ken Sanders Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Text Block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book....