Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In The Long Goodbye , Patti Davis describes losing her father to Alzheimer’s disease, saying goodbye in stages, helpless against the onslaught of a disease that steals what is most precious—a person’s memory. “Alzheimer’s,” she writes, “snips away at the threads, a slow unraveling, a steady retreat; as a witness all you can do is watch, cry, and whisper a soft stream of goodbyes.” She writes of needing to be reunited at forty-two with her mother, of regaining what they had spent decades demolishing. A truce was necessary to bring together a splintered family, a few weeks before her father released his letter telling the country and the world of his illness. The author delves into her memories to touch her father again, to hear his voice, to keep alive the years she had with him. Moving and honest, an illuminating portrait of grief, of a great man, a disease, and a woman and her father.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- rarefirstscom (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Long Goodbye
- Davis, Patti
- Book condition
- New New
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York, U.S.A.
- Date published
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...[more]