Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Beloved (1987) is a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Toni Morrison. The novel is based on the life and legal case of the slave Margaret Garner. The slavery of the American south is bared in this transfixing tale. Sethe was born a slave, and escaped to Ohio, but the past follows where the authorities do not. She is haunted by the memories of the beautiful place where she experienced so many terrible things, and haunted by the ghost of her baby daughter - her Beloved.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
It isn't an easy read. It is often a beautiful read...but beauty and heartbreak are so close together. The lives of the characters have been so difficult, but Toni Morrison tells their stories with incredible depth and empathy. I've only read Beloved once, and I plan to do it again - this is one book that will keep giving on each read.
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Lord of the Flies.
- Golding, William
- Book condition
- Faber and Faber
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Lord of the Flies First Edition, Lord of the Flies Signed First Edition, William Golding First Edition, William Golding Signed First Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]