Los cinco errores capitales de la intervencion anglo-francesa en el Plata, por ....
by BUSTAMANTE, José Luis
- See description
New York, New York, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Montevideo, [title page verso: Imprenta Uruguayana], 1849.. FIRST EDITION. Large 8°, contemporary quarter black morocco over marbled boards (light wear, especially to joints), smooth spine with gilt title and ornamental fillets (old library numbers on spine painted over), marbled endleaves, text block edges sprinkled blue-green. Very good condition internally. In good to very good condition. 382 pp., (1 l.). *** FIRST EDITION. The Anglo-French blockade of the Río de la Plata was a five-year-long naval blockade imposed on the Argentine Confederation, ruled by Juan Manuel de Rosas, in order to support the Colorado Party in the Uruguayan Civil War. It closed Buenos Aires to naval commerce. The Anglo-French navy trespassed into the internal waters of Argentina to sell their products, since Rosas maintained a protectionist policy to improve the weak Argentine economy. Eventually both Britain and France gave in, signing treaties in 1849 (Britain) and 1850 (France) acknowledging Argentine sovereignty over its rivers.*** Palau 37751. Sabin 9592. Leclerc 2486. Not located in CCPBE. Not located in Rebiun. Jisc locates a copy at British Library. KVK (51 databases searched) locates the present edition at Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin only. NUC: DLC, CU.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Richard C. Ramer Old & Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Los cinco errores capitales de la intervencion anglo-francesa en el Plata, por ....
- BUSTAMANTE, José Luis
- Book Condition
- FIRST EDITION
- Montevideo, [title page verso: Imprenta Uruguayana], 1849.
- Montevideo, Uruguay, Rio de la Plata, Argentina, French, France, British, Great Britain, English, Intervention, Diplomacy, foreign relations, history, Juan Manuel de Rosas
Terms of Sale
Richard C. Ramer Old & Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2012
New York, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Richard C. Ramer Old & Rare Books
We have been in business since 1969. We work from private premises, both in New York and in Lisbon, Portugal, and admit visitors by appointment. Online lists are issued regularly.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Marbled boards
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Text Block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book....
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...